TREASURE MOUNTAIN: A PIECE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH
Chill up in the mountains.
Breathe in the fresh air.
Camp under the blanket of shining stars.
Immerse in the beauty of nature: Sea of clouds embracing the mountains.
Eat freshly cooked native breakfast while enjoying a very picturesque view.
Trek and swim at the nearby waterfalls.
Are you ready for this one of a kind of adventure????????????
People travel and hike for long hours just to experience the Sea of Clouds (SOC), and I can’t blame them for obsessing about it. I belong to those travel enthusiast who kept on climbing mountains just to witness one and this is actually my 5th attempt already. There’s something very magical in experiencing one, it’s like the heaven is opening its arms for us to have a glimpse of its beauty up there.
Compared to other locations exhibiting the sea of clouds like Benguet, Sagada and Bohol this new location is just near Metro Manila! Just 2-3 hours and you’re here, plus taaa-daaaah hiking is optional! Like whaaaat?! Yes, you heard it right! If you want to have a taste of heaven on earth na chill lang yung tipong without too much effort exerted, well this adventure is perfect for you!
Hello to ‘Treasure Mountain Educational Campsite’!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Treasure Mountain located in Sitio Maysawa, barangay Cuyambay Tanay, Rizal Philippines is a private-owned campsite that used to be a family residence. It started to be open for public last August 2017 and ever since it has been a favourite go-to place for people who dream to experience the sea of clouds without hiking.
Why choose Treasure Mountain?
- Short distance from the metro
- Breathtaking scenery: Stunning mountain views
- Possible sea of clouds
- Camping, trekking, swimming in the Busay waterfalls
- Lodging availability if you’re not into camping
- Delicious freshly cooked meals
- Every corner is Instagram worthy!!!!!! Get your camera and poses ready!
How to get there?
1. Via Public Transportation
*** Cogeo Route *** (highly recommended)
- From Cubao Farmers, there are jeepney available bound to Cogeo 2 or Padilla. Fare: 30 Pesos
- Get off at Cogeo Gate 2, walk until the overpass then turn right. At the left side of the road you will the terminal of jeepney bound to Samplaoc, Tanay. Last trip is at around 5 or 6 PM. Fare: 45 Pesos
- Get off at Sitio Maysawa waiting shed or the jump- off to Maysawa Circuit.
- Ride a tricycle or habal-habal (big motorcycle) that will bring you at the camp site.
Fare: 50/ pax, Estimated Time: 10 minutes OR Hike to the campsite which will take 30-40 minutes.
- Estimated time from Cubao : 2 ½ hours
*** Tanay Route *** (longer route)
- From Ortigas area, there are jeepney or bus bound to Tanay town proper. Fare 45 Pesos.
- Get off at Tanay Public Market and ride a jeepney bound to Cuyambay.bfare 25 Pesos.
- If there are no jeepney bound for Cuyambay directly available, you can ride one that is bound to Sampaloc and get off at the junction. Fare : 15 pesos.
- Ride a tricycle that will take you directly to the campsite. Fare: 500 pesos/ 4 People.
- If you opted not to take a tricycle directly to the campsite from Sampaloc . From Sampaloc, ride another jeepney bound to Cogeo and get off at Sitio Maysawa waiting shed or Maysawa circuit. Fare : 25 pesos. Then Ride a tricycle or habal-habal (big motorcycle) that will bring you at the camp site. Fare: 50 Pesos. OR you can hike to the campsite which will take 30-40 minutes.
- Estimated time from Ortigas: 3 hours
- If you’re going on a day tour, better leave as early as 2 AM to witness the sunrise. No reservations needed for a day tour. Time: 4 Am to 3 PM. Fee: 150/person
- If you’re going to stay overnight, be sure to call for a reservation at least a week prior to your visit. Also, you should arrive at the location when the sun is still up. That is around 4 to 5 PM. They will not accept customers beyond 8 PM and you need about an hour to fix your tent which is hard to do when there is no more light. Check in: 4 AM; Check out: 1 PM the next day. Fee: 200/person. Contact Ms. Chloe (secretary) : 09179461200
- Tents are available for rental: 500 Pesos/ capacity of 2; 800 Pesos/ capacity of 4. Don’t worry they will pitch the tent for you but you can choose where you want to place it. If you have your own tent, a charge of 300 Pesos regardless of what size is charged.
- A sleeping mat is also available for 200 Pesos each. Though, I think it’s not necessary.
- Lodging is also available in a native house made of Nipa for 500 pesos per head.
- If you’re going in a large group, Kubo rental is available for 3,500 Pesos for a group of six people.
- Meals are available for 150 Pesos/ Breakfast meal and 250 Pesos/ Lunch or Dinner meal. I suggest that you should bring your own food for dinner and just avail their breakfast. Save your money for the trek the next day! Plus a cup of hot instant noodles and coffee (or cold beer) is perfect while camping under the stars right?! But if you’re gonna bring pulutan, I want fried isaw! Hahaha
- Charging area for your gadgets is available from 6 PM to 11 PM only since it is powered by a generator. It’s free!
- Trek to Busay falls will strictly require a guide. Guide Fee: 500 pesos
Sample Itinerary :
Let the Adventure Begin!
I went here last November 16, 2017, through public transportation para tipid via the Cogeo Route. It’s actually the easiest and affordable way to get there based on my experience. I arrived at around 5 PM and the sun was on its way down already, the first thing to do is confirm my reservation and proceed to registration. From there, a guide will be given to help you set up your tent. Take note that if you will rent a tent a fee of 1,000 pesos is charged for security purposes, this is refundable upon checkout.
I told my guide to place my tent where the best sunrise view can be experienced, so I was placed near a cliff like an area which scared me at first but it was actually a very safe spot. Good thing about my location is it’s accessibility to the restroom and the bonding area .
I super looooooove the ambiance in this area! Perfect spot to relax and unwind! Hindi po picture ang background ko dyan, totoong too po yan! ganda diba!?
After setting up, we proceeded to go down in the reception area to eat our dinner. We brought cup noodles and canned goods with us, so we just bought hot water for 10 pesos per cup (tipid mode!). That kept our tummy happy until morning. There is a sari-sari store inside the vicinity where you can buy food, drinks and travel essentials.
Need to connect with your online community while on this adventure? Don’t worry signal is very high here despit it’s location. Globe is good witrh 2-3 bars, but bongga for Smart kasi naka-full 5 bars , LTE pa nga eh!
While eating dinner, I met a guy who is currently working as a pilot in Dubai and we had a good conversation about a lot of things. I told him the main reason for my visit here in the camp is the wonderful Sea Of Clouds, and he told me not to keep my hopes too high because based on the weather that night the probability of its appearance is very unlikely.
“ Okay joan hingang malalim! This is my 5th attempt to witness the sea of clouds!!!!!!!!! Anuu naaa!!!! Uuwi na naman ba kong luhaan?! ”
Since, I came from duty that day I slept early at around 8 PM sobrang lola ko diba huhu.
I woke up at around 5:30 AM and as predicted, there is still no appearance of the sea of clouds. So like other groups, we proceeded to take our photo ops in the different spots of the mountain.
While taking photos a new friend approached me, peeking at the side of my tent.
My ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! Isn’t it sooo adorable! A crow who loves the camera! He gave me good poses and in return I gave him snacks! I hate that people usually associate crows with bad luck, I don’t believe in those kind of things and meeting this one is a proof that it’s not true. It is actually such a sweet and loving creature.
A favourite spot in the camp called ‘the Rockies’ where you can take photos looking like you’re in a summit.
I ate my breakfast at around 7 AM, the weather that morning was very gloomy with episodes of rain shower which is the main reason why the appearance the sea of clouds is thinner and wispier than what I expect it to be.
After eating, I informed my guide that I want to start my trek to Busay Falls at 9 AM. So I went back to my tent and prepared my things. Make sure to always bring a raincoat with you no matter where or what adventure you will do especially when you’re off for an outdoor adventure.
It was raining hard the whole trek so when we arrived at the falls which caused us to slow down. We arrived at the falls after a good 50 minutes trek but unfortunately, we were not allowed to plunge in.
The current was too strong and the falls were very muddy which is not good for swimming and taking photos.
We stayed there for about 30 minutes to rest and proceeded to trek back to the camp. Midway back, the rain stopped and the sun shined. My guide told me that there is a big possibility that the sea of clouds appearance, so I was very eager and excited to reach our camp!
When we arrived there, a better view of sea of clouds awaits us! It feels so good to be up here in the mountains and witness this kind of view! I’m usually the noisy one, but this view got me stop talking for a while. I was speechless. I was too amazed by how beautiful it is, truly God creates things perfectly!
After cleaning up and fixing my stuff, I proceeded to take more photos at ‘The Rockies’. It has been a long dream mine to have a photo taken in the mountains wearing something that is very feminine, something different from my usual hiking outfit! Ticking this one off my bucket list! Achieve!
After taking this photo, I immediately sent it to mom with a message ‘ Mom, I’m super safe here! I even climbed a rock formation in this glam outfit! Yay girl power!’
‘‘Sabi nga ng mga kabataan ngayon : Dun tayo lagi sa Werpa petmalu Lodi!!!’’
Honestly, at first, I was disappointed because the sea of clouds yet again didn’t turn out as I expected it to be. But nevertheless, I do not regret taking this adventure. I know that it is a natural phenomenon and there is never an assurance of its occurrence. Treasure Mountain is a must visit if you want to unwind and chill with nature. It has a lot of things to offer, views to feed your soul, experience to make memories. The sea of clouds is just a bonus if you’ll have a chance to witness it but the overall experience this camp will give you is something you will treasure forever. I will definitely be back here next summer!!!!!!!! See you there!
Hope it inspired you to make your own adventure!
Don’t forget to subscribe to see my next adventures!
Let’s stay connected loves!
Joan Tapiz Maniago
THE NURSE OFF DUTY
4,746 total views, 2 views today